Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Baby Wearing time!!

The other night I was at small group (small Bible study with some people from church) and mentioned that Micah was not sleeping very well. I was not getting anything done or school done with the kids because I had a baby who would not sleep.

My friend N. suggested that I carry him. If I did this, he could sleep close to me and I would still have use of my hands during the day. My problem recently was that I could get him to sleep, but he always woke up when I put him in his crib. Matt and I have decided that he is too big for his swing, so I can't just put him in there like I used to! I sometimes could put him in his carseat on the kitchen floor, but he's reacting to noises now and the kids are just too loud! So we were in a bind and hence, he was not sleeping very well during the day.

We were over at my friend A.'s house and she has an ergo just like this one.


Micah was fussing, so my friend got this out and we put Micah in it. He was quiet and seemed to like it!

She said I could borrow it, so I brought it home and when he got fussy yesterday and seemed like he needed a nap, I put him in it.

And guess what??? He slept!!!! And not just 10 minutes or so, but for an hour each time! He took two one hour naps yesterday and one 1 1/2 hour nap!!! I don't know the last time he has slept so well! He just curled up in there and slept next to me. I was able to teach all the kids while wearing him.

When he woke up, he was actually content and happy!! We did not have an out of control screaming baby yesterday! It was sooo refreshing. He ate when he woke up and then played like he is supposed to. I was thrilled!

Let's see how today goes. Wait, it's 6 am and he's already been up since 4:30 am. It might be a long day, but I will definitely use this baby carrier again!!













No comments:

Post a Comment