Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Signs Your 2 year old is ready to potty train. :)

1. I tell him, "You don't go poopy in your diaper, you go in the toilet."
So then I ask him, "Where do you go poopy? He replied, "in toilet" Correct!

2.  You walk into his room in the morning and he says, "Mommy, poopy in my diaper."
I ask him," Where do you go poopy?" He replied, "In the toilet, not in diaper."

(PS I have caught him quite a few times and we have gone on the toilet.")

3.  He wants to sit on the toilet every opportunity he can. Like for a half an hour after bath time last night. I knew he had to go, but nothing. :(  I knew he had to go because he was passing gas during his bath and thought it was funny. typical boy.

4.  He brings you a new diaper and points to the one he has on and says, "My diaper yucky Here new diaper."

5.  I bribe him with Thomas the Train underwear and one day we put them on over his diaper.  I told him not to go poopy in his underwear and he told me when he had to go poopy and he went in the toilet!

6. Whenever he passes gas, he tells me, "poopy!"

Ok, so we might have the poopy part down, but the potty part is not there yet. He hasn't once gone potty in the toilet and if we put underwear on him, he goes in them and doesn't even know or care.  Hmmm.

I think we are going to take the two weeks around Christmas time and potty train this boy! I don't have time for it now with school, but I will when I take two weeks off in Christmas. I don't want to miss this opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment