Monday, November 12, 2012

Crazy Weekend is over!

We had four parties this weekend and celebrated Megan's 9th birthday.

1. Megan's swimming party.
2.  Party at our house afterwards.
3.  Nephew's baptism.
4. Neice's birthday

I think I am partied out! But really, the fun is only beginning!

I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house on Sunday and this may be more work than Megan's birthday parties!  I am anxious to do it and am looking forward to it..

Along with getting ready for the Thanksgiving on Sunday, our week is filled with other activities! How does this happen?? So many things are going on that I may take a break from our scheduled curriculum and work on some other things with my girls this week to lighten the load.

We still need to learn our AWANA verses and continue to work on Phonics with Courtney.  We need to finish history for Megan from last week and we have two chapters left to read in The Witch of Blackbird Pond.  I think we may also keep going on Math for both girls and English for Megan.

But otherwise we have nothing today, we give four piano lessons tomorrow night and grandma may come in. Megan also has a dance class from 3-4. On Wednesday, we have our class at the Homeschool Learning Center at 11, a Pioneer event at the library from 3:30-5:30, and AWANA at 6:45.

On Thursday morning, us three girls get the joy of visiting the dentist and Megan has dance at 4:15.
Megan is supposed to have her 9 year checkup at the doctor at 9 am Friday and we have a field trip to the Omaha Community Playhouse at 10 am.  I have to change something here.:)

Busy week plus I need to get ready for Sunday. I need to figure out how to cook a turkey (this is one of the reasons why I want to have Thanksgiving!) and get all the other food I need.  I also want to set the tables nice, so I need to get out my good dishes and get them all washed up.  The girls would also like to do some crafts and write a Thanksgiving play.  This definitely falls under the "school" category.  I have a play in mind and we just need to sit down and write it.  This will also need props, so we need to get busy, but I am excited about it! It will be great public speaking practice for my children.  We think we are even going to give Christian some parts!

We have been studying about the first Thanksgiving in school.  I think I finally know the difference between the Pilgrims and the Puritans! And so does Megan (and actually Courtney because she listens to history more than we think!).  Our American history is so interesting! What a great week to study it!




1 comment:

  1. Do you suppose you could do a repeat performance at JoDee and Adam's? Grandma Lu would love to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete