Saturday, November 3, 2012

Megan :)

Usually I write about how Courtney is so compassionate helpful, but I think Megan has taking lessons lately.

1. Megan was heading upstairs last night and I asked her to take Christian his blankets. I figured she would just throw them in his room because he was already in bed sleeping. I went up there later to check on him and she had actually covered him up with a blanket!  How sweet of her!

2.  Every time Christian gets hurt, Megan is the first one to run up to his room and get him his blankets to make him feel better.

3.  Every time I start to cook something, I hear, "Is there anything I can help you with?" coming from Megan.  She then says, "I love to cook!" She can make cookies herself and tonight she made half of supper.  I'm going to lose my job pretty soon!

4.  Every time I ask any of the kids to clean up their messes or to help out lately, it has not been a battle at all.  Every Tuesday we clean the house because I give piano lessons.  Each girl takes a room and they clean it WITHOUT complaining.  They clean it and have fun while doing it.  What happened to my children??

5. Homework has been a huge imporvement from last year. I don't think she has stomped, slammed her door, or threw her pencil across the room once this year. She gets her homework and she does it! I think it has helped that I purposefully give Courtney some homework so she has a little competition.

I love homeschooling because it has really taught my kids to be compassionate and to care for others. Like I said, Megan is not really the compassionate one, but she heading in that direction and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Megan has a giving heart that reaches across the deep blue sea...You are doing a wonderful job of being a loving mom...way to go Charla and Matt for being great parents!!!

    ReplyDelete