Sunday, November 6, 2011

Homework troubles again!

Tonight,like any other night, Megan had homework. She had 5 pages of handwriting and two pages of math to get done before school tomorrow. She has 2 to 3 pages of handwriting everyday. Since it's not a daily "lesson", I usually let it slide until Sunday night. Then she has to have everything from the previous week finished.

Well, it came to be 7:45 pm tonight and I reminded her that she had homework to do. So she immediately started to complain. She did pull out her math and finished that in about 10-15 minutes without too much trouble.

About 8 pm, she pulled out her handwriting. She was sitting in the living room with us til about 8:20 and had 1/2 a page done. By 8:30, nothing more was done, except a lot more complaining and moaning about it.

About 8:35, Matt and I had had enough complaining and I was determined that she was going to get it done before she went to bed. We had already told her that if it wasn't done by 8:30, she would get no books for bedtime.

I also know that if I put Megan in a room all by herself, she will get busy. This is probably the one thing she hates the most in life, but I had no other choice! There is nobody to distract her and nobody for her to talk to. So I took her handwriting book and pencil and took it up to my sitting room off my master bedroom. She went in and I told her she could not come out until it was done and I shut the door behind me. Wow, she was not happy with this situation!

Within ten minutes, she had everything completed! I knew it would work!
(I knew it would because I've had to do this before for a math test). If we continue to homeschool, we need to have our own "homeschool" room where she can go and do homework or give her her own room back with her own desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment