Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday- Ode to the Montana

1. We will own our 2002 Pontiac Montana for less than 24 hours. We were supposed to get our new car today, but it wasn't ready. One more night!

2. I paid for almost all of that car. I had worked at Bryan Middle School until May and we bought it in July when I was 5-6 months pregnant with Megan. I had put all my money into a savings account and that is what we used (we took out a small loan). Do you know how many lesson plans, detentions, hours of teaching, etc. it took to pay for that??

3. I still want to keep my car. It's mine. :)

4. I have driven it for 85,000 miles. It currently has 94,000 miles on it, we got it with 9,000.

5. I keep thinking to myself, do I really want a big rust hole in the door by the end of winter? NO. Do I want to get rid of it now while we can still get some money for it? YES

6. I think while we are switching cars tomorrow, we should do the big carseat shuffle. Megan gets switched into Courtney's seat and she can now be in a high back booster, Courtney can get Megan's Britax Regent, and Christian can be switched into his convertible seat and out of his infant carrier. I need to consult Matt on this. They are all ready to switch!

7. Leather- I have never had leather in a car before!

8. I have also never had a rear back up camera. This will be wonderful for preschool drop-off. I am always worried that there is a little kid behind my car that I cannot see.

9. The sunroof is another added bonus- never had one of those.

10. This car better last for 200,000 miles like everybody is saying! We were supposed to drive the Montana until it died, but it didn't make it. I wonder how long it will last. Who will get it next? Where will it go? Matt keeps telling me, "It's just a piece of metal." But Matt, it has been MY car for the last 8 years! I'm pretty sure I might get a little emotional tomorrow night. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment