Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday Week is Over.

My birthday was last Wednesday, it turned the big 34. Not that I'm too happy about it, but I guess life must go on.

I did something almost every day with people for my birthday. I was taken out to lunch three days in a row. :) That was fun.

Last night, I went on a real "date" with Matt. Andrew and Laura came over to watch the kids and we went out for pizza and a movie. We saw "Lion King" in 3D. Yes, it was a kid's movie, but I still loved it! It makes you laugh all the way through (mostly) and I love the songs! It's funny the things that I picked up on last night that I didn't pick up on 10-12 years ago when I first watched it. It's so hard to find a decent movie these days and I did not want to watch "Transformers" or any other manly moive. I have heard that "Courageous" is a great movie, but after watching the trailer, I think it would've been a tear-jerker! Maybe we'll save that for another time. There was only about 30 people in the theatre, so that was great for a Saturday night!

Now birthday week is over. I was thinking though, nobody ever sang happy birthday or got a cake. Which is perfectly fine!!! I'm not 5 anymore. :) Growing up, it was a big deal to go out for supper with mom and dad. The last couple of years, my mom has taken me out instead, which works! My birthday is always in the middle of harvest, so it's always hard to go out with my dad somewhere at 9 pm! We've tried it for many years and now with kids, it gets to be too late. Who has a baby in the middle of harvest anyway?? That's what we always said to my dad growing up. :)

So now tomorrow is back to normal life. Preschool, art class, errands, lunch at HOME, school/ nap/ quiet time in the afternoon, play outside until Matt gets home. I think we are finally getting down to a routine. Now if we could only get Megan to do her homework! I have had a couple people tell me lately that I should send her back to public school, right now. That is an option, I know, but as for now Matt and I want to keep pursuing homeschooling. We want to be persistent and not give up yet. Yes, it is stressful and it is taking a little bit of toll on my health, but I think we're finally coming around. I am settling into a routine and have found easier ways to get things done around the house. My goal is Christmas and I am going to stick to it!

This is a big change around the Ruwe house and it's going to take awhile to adjust. I am not one to like change, but it is a good change. If things get worse and I cannot handle it, yes, Megan will be going back to public school. But I don't think we are there yet. In mine and Matt's opinion, anyway. So if you want to encourage me, give me ideas on how to make things better or come help me do the daily chores around the house, encourage the girls to pick up after themselves, encourage Megan to do her homework, help put laundry away, enertain Chrisitan for awhile, do dishes, ask Megan what she is learning in school, help work with Courtney, etc. This is what I need right now. Ok, I'm done now. Really, I am done talking about the hardships of homeschooling. I am going to blog about what I love about it this week.

Need to go get the girls and boy ready for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment