Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sleep Achieved! New Schedule!

Things went much better last night.

I got Christian to bed and I didn't see him until 2:22, I fed him and put him back in his swing. Amazingly, he didn't get up again! And I got a good night's sleep!

When I woke up this morning, Megan was lying beside me in bed, I didn't even hear her come in! I hadn't heard anything from Christian yet, so I just peeked into his room. He was in his swing, wide awake and just looking around. He wasn't crying and begging for me! This is a first! We got him up, changed him, and got Megan ready for school.

I have been trying really hard the last 2-3 days to put this boy on a schedule. Until now, I've been feeding him on demand and he was always tired, hungry, etc. He wasn't very happy.

Now, I'm going to feed him in one sitting, not split feedings anymore. It takes about 20 minutes, then he can be awake awhile, and then he can take a nap. Before he was having a hard time getting to sleep and it just wasn't working well for him (or for me!).

I think putting him on a schedule has been working great! We got out this morning and we didn't need to stop to eat. He didn't eat for 3 1/2 hours, but he was the happiest boy all morning! After he ate at lunch time, he played for almost 1 1/2 hours in his bouncy seat/ walker and smiled and laughed the entire time. Then he got a little restless, so I gave him his pacifier and rocked him a little and out he went! Ahhh, it's working!

Unforunately, I told Megan I would walk to school today again to get her, which means I will probably need to wake him up. But he should be able to sleep for about an hour until I disturb him.

Let's see if happy boy continues! It would sure make life easier and maybe he'll sleep through the night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment