Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Break!

Megan has had the last three days off of school, it's been nice having her home, but it's also hard to adjust to three kids again.

Last Tuesday, we had parent-teacher conferences for Megan. I left Christian for the first time at home with Chad and Kelsey. I had him fed and changed and he was good for about 3 hours. He did great! When I got home, he was a happy baby! We also got a very good report about Megan!

Wednesday morning (Megan's first day off), I had Christian's 4 month appointment at 11 am. It took us about that long to get out of bed and get ready, of course, I slept in! We made it and Christian checked out great. He weighed 16 lbs, 12 oz (80%) and he was 26 3/4 inches long (95%). He is right on schedule for development. Our doctor talked to us about solid food, but I'm going to wait until 6 months.

We got home around 12 and by 2, I was pulling my hair out from the fighting between the two girls! I said, "That's it, get your shoes on, we're going to the park!" They didn't want to walk to our neighborhood park, they wanted to go to the"spiderweb park" and it's not so far away. We got in the car and off we went. We played at the park for about 2 hours! Megan had made some friends and it was a beautiful day out, so we just stayed for awhile!

Thursday was another gorgeous day! We stayed home in the morning and then went downtown to have lunch with Matt. We picked up Matt at work and then headed down to Old Chicago. We needed quarters for the parking meters and Matt asked if I had any, I said no, but then from the backseat I heard, "Mom, I have quarters!" Courtney was eager to share hers. We had lunch and then headed back to west Omaha. At 2, we met some friends and played at another great park for another 2 hours! It was beautiful out again. We probably would've played longer, but everybody had to go potty!

Today is Friday and I had MOPS this morning. Since Megan was off of school and the church had no place for her while I attended MOPS, I called grandma Lu and she came and watched the older two girls while I took Christian to MOPS. They had a great time together while I was gone.

Matt decided to take the afternoon off and since it was in the 70's again, I did not want to stay indoors! I suggested we go to the zoo, so we did! Grandma Lu came with us and we were there for about 4 hours. We all had a good time!

Tonight we're home and we're ready for another weekend! We're anxious to watch the NE vs. Texas game tomorrow- Go Big Red!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment