Friday, October 29, 2010

It's my thyroid??

I went to the dr. yesterday, a bunch of things have been bothering me, so I went and got them all checked out.

1. I had a sore throat for awhile, but since I'm on antibiotics for my tooth abcess, that has gone away. In the meantime, I asked the dr. to check it out and he did and it was fine. He felt my thyroid andhe said everything was fine. He decided to check my thryoid with a blood test because I don't think it's ever been checked.

2. My blood sugar has been way low lately. I always feel weak and shaky, he mentioned to just eat some more since I'm nursing. Easy enough!

3. I also had him check my gall bladder. I've gotten really bad stomach aches lately when I eat high-fatty food. He felt it and it seemed fine, but he said I could go ahead and get it checked anyway (ultrasound, nuclear radiology test). I'm still debating what to do (but I need to do it this year if I do anything!)

In the end, the nurse came in and took a big vile of blood. He was going to check my thyroid, blood sugar, and my liver and kidney function because my back has been hurting.

Today he called with the results. Blood sugar, liver, kidney function all fine. Thyroid is not. He said my numbers were way high- I have hyper-thyroidism or Grave's Disease. And since I am breastfeeding, he cannot put me on the medicine that he usually would. He was calling an endocronoloigst (the same one my dad sees) and seek his advice.

I'm so glad he checked it, it has the same symptoms as low blood sugar, I would've never guessed! That would explain why I'm shaky, losing weight, palpitations, and can't sleep well at night.

We'll see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment