Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Infamous Purple Blanket- Where did it go now??

Every night when Courtney goes to bed, she always has to have her purple blanket with her. Aunt Melissa gave her this blanket when she was born and it is her special blanket.

Yesterday (Saturday), we took Megan to dance and then went to the airport to pick Matt up. She somehow snuck the blanket into the car. She likes to take it in the car and then cover up with it because she is always cold from the air conditioner. I don't care that she does this, I just tell her the blanket needs to stay in the car.

After we picked up Matt, we stopped at Megan's school to watch her go across the monkey bars. She's been working on this at school lately and wanted to show us her progress. I remember seeing the purple blanket in the car while we were at Aldrich and I remember telling her to leave it in the car when she wanted to get out to play.

We got home and all was fine until bedtime. "Mom, where is my purple blanket?" I told her I didn't know, but that doesn't work, you have to look for it. So, Matt and I searched and searched. We looked everywhere in the house and in the car. I knew I saw it at the school, but it wasn't in the house anywhere.

We told her we would keep looking for it and for her to go to bed. Luckily, she took this ok and went to bed. Megan borrowed her a blanket to snuggle with last night. (It was sweet that she was curled up with Megan's blanket- they really do love each other. :)

Anyway, we all woke up this morning and since we were late for church and didn't have time for breakfast, Matt told the girls to just grab a granola bar out of the snack drawer. Courtney opens the drawer and says, "I found my blanket!!"

Silly girl had put her blanket in the snack drawer last night! I guess that was one place we didn't look!!

1 comment:

  1. Good news, I am so happy the lost has been found! It a good think Courtney checks the snack drawer often....Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete