Friday, January 22, 2016

Time to move to your own room.

Micah has been in our room since he was born, but now I think it is time to move to his own room.

He has been consistently sleeping through the night, so I don't even get up with him anymore. He does sleep in his swing and if he starts to fuss or rustle in the middle of the night, I just reach over and turn the swing on. Sometimes I wake up a couple hours later and the swing is still swinging. :) He hasn't slept in his pack n play for a couple of weeks now, I think we can take that down. With the pack and play and the swing beside our bed, our bedroom is a little crowded in that area! He doesn't really NEED to be in our room anymore, so I thought I would try his crib out last night.

I got him to sleep last night and put him down in his crib in his room. And just like I thought, he woke up right away! He knew what I was doing! I tried to settle him down for about 15 minutes, but eventually picked him up. I knew he wasn't going to go back to sleep.

I went back to our room and nursed him again and laid him down in the pack and play. Again, he wasn't having it. He wanted his swing!

I then put him in his swing, but by this time, he was over-tired and just cried. I just let him cry it out as the swing swung and he eventually went to sleep.

 Maybe I will try plan B tonight, which is to put the swing in his bedroom and let him sleep in it. I think once we get his stomach settled down, he may be willing to sleep flat on his back. We will get there eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment