Sunday, January 31, 2016

Got Any milk?

Matt and I are heading to Mexico in less than two weeks. He won an award from work and the prize is a FREE trip to Las Cabos, Mexico. And yes, we are leaving all four children behind.  I tried to talk Matt into taking Micah with us, but since there will be about 80 other people from his company there, he thought it was not the place for a baby. I tend to agree. Honestly, I think it will be a big drinking party the whole weekend!  We are also going to be doing some activities, like zip lining, that we would not be able to do if we had the baby along.

In order to leave the baby behind, I need to get enough milk pumped for him to drink while I am gone. We are going to be gone for four days. That is a lot of milk!  I figure he eats 4 ounces each feeding (I am guessing) and he eats six times a day. That is at least 25 ounces a day. I need to take this times four days and I have 100 ounces of milk! At the minimum!

So far I have 55 1/2 ounces stashed in my freezer. I have at least 55 to go and I have less than two weeks.

I was pumping about eight ounces a day until a couple of days ago. Ever since last week, I am only getting 2-3 a day. Why?? Mr. Micah has decided he wants to eat 7-8 times per day. Instead of pumping off any extra milk, he is eating it! I really hope I can get enough milk pumped and I don't have to give him any formula.  He is also MSPI, so if I had to do formula, I would have to get the really expensive kind!

I am assuming he is going through a growth spurt right now because he is also sleeping 11-12 hours straight at night!  Either my body needs to make more milk or he needs to slow down a little. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment