Wednesday, January 13, 2016

School

Now that Christmas break is over, we are attempting to get back to school. I promised we would get back on January 4th and we did.  For the last week or so, we have been able to get one lesson of math done a day for the girls and a lesson in phonics done with Christian.  Some days this has been a challenge and some days, it has worked out well.

I have found that if I am up during the night with Micah, I tend to sleep in and not get out of bed until about 9. All my kids sleep in too, so we all rise late on those mornings. By the time we get breakfast, shower, get dressed and ready for the day, it is usually about 11-12. By this time, it is too late in the morning to get school done and we do it in the afternoon.

If we get up earlier, like 7-8 am, I can get most of the schoolwork done in the morning.

It has also been tricky trying to coordinate school around Micah. I usually get him fed and content and put him in his bouncy seat. I start every day with Megan's work. We usually can get through her work on and get started on Courtney's lessons. Usually about halfway through Courtney's lesson, Micah starts to get restless and needs a nap. Megan is usually upstairs doing homework, so I usually let him fuss a little while I finish with Courtney.  She also gets distracted during this time,which doesn't help any, especially when she is learning a new concept (like yesterday!)

I usually can finish up Courtney's lessons and then I need to stop and get Micah to sleep. Once he is asleep, I may be able to get to Christian or he might have to wait until later. I can usually fit him in somewhere during the day.

I feel that if we can get Micah to sleep through the night, then we can get up earlier and get some school work done in the morning. If this happens, I can add schoolwork back in during the afternoon too! But if Micah needs a nap or needs to nurse, school gets put on hold temporarily.  This is going to be a big juggling act for awhile! We are definitely not going to be able to go the same pace that we were before I had the little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment