Saturday, January 9, 2016

Nights are Getting Better!

Someday I will get a full nights sleep! I think I am getting closer!

For about a week, I had Micah sleeping in his swing because he had a snotty nose. He tends to gag a lot on his snot, so I thought that would be best for both of us. :)  He would wake up once during the night and some nights he would eat, but other nights, he went back to sleep when I turned the swing on. These nights I would often go back to sleep and the swing would still be swinging a couple of hours later! But we were both sleeping, so that's ok, right?

A couple of days ago, I thought that I should try to get him back in his pack n play. I think he was getting used to swinging while he was sleeping and I didn't want to turn this into a habit that we cannot reverse.  I need to have him sleep on his back and without moving.

Two nights ago, I put him to bed back in his pack n play. This night, he only got up once at 4:30 and wanted to eat, so I fed him, and he went right back to sleep. Great baby! Last night, he had trouble getting to sleep, so it took awhile. I fed him and laid him down, I "thought" he was asleep, but apparently he wasn't! (He likes to play opossum!) I picked him and he decided to SCREAM at me for a little bit! Finally I figured out that he wanted to nurse some more to get himself back to sleep (Another habit I don't want to get into!). I nursed him and he went to sleep again, so I laid him down again. This lasted about a minute again and he was back awake! AHHH. I turned the music on from his swing, which usually helps and rocked his pack and play, even though it is not meant to be rocked. This settled him back down and back to sleep. Again, by the time I rolled over and curled under my blankets, he was back awake again! I think he woke up four times last night before he finally settled down. I started putting him to bed at 10 and by the time he was out for good, it was almost 12:30! Not ideal!

But the good part is that I did not hear him rustling until about 4:30. At that time, I just reached over and rocked his pack and play a little bit and he went back to sleep. Nice!! I wish I could go back to sleep that fast at 4 am!

I didn't see him again until 7:45 this morning, so he technically slept all night and did not get up to eat, so things are getting better. I am just tired this morning.  He gets to nap all day, I don't!

After I get him sleeping well in his pack and play, my next goal is to move him into his crib in his room. I put him in there yesterday for a nap, but that only lasted about ten minutes. It's a start thought, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment