Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Night around here.

Every Friday night seems to turn into movie night around here. I think it's a great idea to spend time as a family on a Friday night, but I usually end up doing my own thing. Why? Because the rest of my family insists on getting science fiction, super heroes, or some movie I have no interest in. They are also usually PG-13, but Matt insists that they are ok. (I am done fighting this battle!) Tonight they are watching "Fantastic Four." I read through the summary and didn't really have a huge desire to watch it, so I am spending my evening doing something else, like sitting on the computer, doing laundry, and reading a book.

Honestly, I am not a big movie watcher. I spend a lot of time in front of the TV during the week while I nurse Micah. By Friday night, I almost need a break from the TV instead of sitting down and watching it some more. Honestly, I would rather play a game or do something that is interactive. I talk to kids all week, I would LOVE to interact with an adult more! (But the other adult in the house likes to sit in front of the TV and do nothing on a Friday night.)

Lately, I am usually busy with Micah when the movie starts, so even if I want to watch it, I end up missing half of it due to him. Tonight, he fell asleep right at the beginning, but like I said earlier, I had no desire to watch tonight's movie.  The kids even said, "Mom, you won't like this one." Gee, thanks. Last week, they got a movie that interested me, so that was very enjoyable and I could tell they did it on purpose.

There are a couple good things that I do enjoy about Friday nights.  It is our informal night when it comes to eating. Each person has a favorite spot where they sit in the living room and once supper is cooked, each person gets what they want and we start the movie as we eat off TV trays. Unfortunately, we only have seating for four in our living room, so usually someone has to sit off to the side. Tonight, my spot was behind everybody and my chair was the exercise ball. Sometimes Christian and I will share the recliner and a TV tray, but by the time I got done with Micah and got my food tonight, everybody had their spots claimed and there was no room left for me.

Another thing I like is that if I don't like the movie or have no interest in it, I kind of have a couple of hours to myself to do what I want! (When does that ever happen??) I have to take care of Micah, but tonight he fell asleep so early that I had time to myself! I ended up curled up on my bed reading a book, which isn't too bad either! Silence is golden! Until the movie is over and then it is time to get everyone to bed....



No comments:

Post a Comment