Saturday, March 7, 2015

Somebody who doesn't understand allergies...

Matt and I went out to eat at Bordeaux last night, which is a local pizza chain.  Of course, I couldn't eat any pizza or pasta, so I opted for a taco salad. I asked the owner and he said the taco salad does not come in a taco bowl, but rather in a regular bowl like a salad. I thought that was great, I ordered it and asked for everything except cheese.

I got my taco salad and it looked scrumptious, except it was covered with crumpled up Dorito chips!!! I have never heard of anybody putting Doritos on a taco salad before! I looked at it and was kind of in shock. I looked at Matt and said, "I can't eat this, these are Dortios!" He started to pick the chips off my salad and eat them himself.

I had no choice but to take it back and see if I could get a different salad. Most places are pretty good about this (this happens ALL THE TIME!). I took it back to the counter and said, "I am really sorry, I can't have milk and these chips are covered in cheese." The owner looked at me and said, "It's not real cheese, it's that imitation cheese." What?? Did I just hear that correctly? I replied with ,"It doesn't matter what kind of cheese it is, I can't eat it. I'm really sorry, I don't know what else to do." He said, "I don't have an option but to redo it, do I?"  He was not nice about it!

I sat back down and felt awful, I had never had anybody be rude to me before about food! Another guy soon brought back a new salad and it was very good!

I guess next time I won't assume that corn chips will be used on a taco salad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment