Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Half Days of school for awhile!

Let's just say we're on spring break part time this week. :) I think it's spring break for other school around Omaha, so we will "kind of" take part too!

A couple of weeks ago, I saw an advertisement in a local homeschooling newsletter about a FREE volleyball and basketball clinic with the local homeschool team. The girls loved playing basketball with the Upward Program at Westside Church in January and February, so I thought this would be a great chance to keep it going, so I signed them up.

The only downfall is that it is from 10:30-12:30 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for the next three weeks! The volleyball clinic is the first three days and then the basketball clinic is the last three days.  The girls started volleyball today loved it! Neither of them had ever played volleyball before, so I thought this would be a great place to learn!

In addition to being busy on Tuesday and Thursdays, we also have homeschool learning center every Wednesday from 11-2.  I tried to get the girls all at the same time, but we ended up switching to a more challenging math class for Courtney, so now we will be there for three hours. I will definitely need to find some errands to run or something because there is no way Christian will be able to sit there for three hours with me!

Because these commitments in the middle of the day, we are unable to have full days of school. We certainly get work done though, my theory is that if we get math, English, and spelling done everyday, we are doing well.  I like to get our other subjects in too and if we can, we will!

In addition to the sport clinic and homeschool learning center, we are also committed to a PE coop that meets on Thursday afternoons! This week we decided to meet on Friday, since nobody could come on Thursday, which I think is fine. We are going to go hiking and it is supposed to be beautiful out, so I think it will be fun.  And why not continue our half days of school?  For the next two weeks though, PE will meet back on Thursdays and we may just need to back out temporarily.  The girls will have their sport clinic from 10:30-12:30 and then PE is supposed to start at 1! When do we eat and have school??

I plan on having school into the summer anyway, so I am not in a big rush, but I do want to keep moving forward in regards to the kids' lessons! I think these clinics are worth it and we will adjust our school schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment