Sunday, March 29, 2015

Catching Up!

I cannot believe I have not written anything in over a week! That shows how busy we were last week. As much as my girls loved the volleyball and basketball clinics the last three weeks, I am glad it is over.  I felt like we really missed a lot of school time and I am anxious to get back to it this week.

I told Megan that it would be real hard to convince me to let her play volleyball or basketball with this homeschool team next year because their practices are always from 10:30-12:30 in the morning! This is the time for 5th and 6th grade.  I told Megan that even if they were at 1 pm, that would work much better! I felt rushed in the morning and we had to be out the door by 10.  We didn't get home until about 1, and by the time we had lunch and everything settled down, it was almost 2 before we got started on school again!  Too much school time gone!

But it is a new week and we are going to be halfway back on schedule.  Monday will be a full day of school, but then Tuesday, both girls have orthodontic appointments in the middle of the morning to get impressions done for their palette expanders and braces next week. Megan is getting only a palette expander and Courtney is also getting one plus five brackets across her front teeth.  The orthodontist only does impressions Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings from 9-11 (or something crazy like that)! It will totally break up our Tuesday morning again, but there was nothing else I could do!  We are supposed to go to a homeschool Easter party Tuesday at 11 am, but I think we are going to come back home and get back to school.

We have homeschool learning center on Wednesday from 11-2 and then PE on Thursday from 1-3.  I like to miss one full day a week (or two half days). We will have a full day of school on Friday!

As I look ahead the following week, we will also miss more than usual because I am attending a homeschool conference in Lincoln on Friday, the 10th.

Anyway, hopefully we can stay ahead of the crazy schedule and keep plugging forward with school work!

No comments:

Post a Comment