Sunday, March 8, 2015

An old favorite.

Tonight, we are having an old favorite meal for supper! I used to make porcupine meatballs ALL THE TIME until I had to stop eating milk and wheat. My problem was that the canned tomato soup I used contained wheat and milk and therefore, I couldn't use it anymore.

I hadn't really thought about porcupine meatballs for over 2 years, which is SAD! Today on the way to church, I was trying to think of food that we have not had in awhile and for some reason, porcupine meatballs popped into my head! My next thought was, I have a substitute recipe for canned tomato soup, why can't I just use that?? Everything else should be the same!

And that is exactly what I did! I made the meatballs like usual, except replacing the eggs of course, and used my tomato soup replacement recipe for the tomato sauce on top and I have porcupine meatballs again!

I wonder what took me so long! I wonder what other old, but very good, recipes I have that I can easily replace ingredients like I did tonight??

Now that basketball is over, I have more time to cook again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment