Friday, March 20, 2015

Playing with Food?

I have found out a truth in the last couple of years when it comes to trying new foods.

If the kids can play with it or make a game out of it, they will probably eat it.

Many times, I have looked over and have seen Megan putting her food together as a "sandwich," such as the other morning when we had bacon and cantaloupe.

Today, I served tuna salad, peas, and romaine salad with grapeseed oil  We don't eat bread, so we just eat tuna salad on our plates and we have to use vegan mayonnaise because of the egg sensitivities. It's not the best, but it works.

I thought for sure I would hear a ton of complaining from the younger two, because they don't really like tuna. But today, I didn't hear any because before I knew it, Megan was taking her peas and putting them ON her tuna salad. But they weren't just peas anymore, they had become "monster eyes!"  Oh how much more fun it was now!!

Then the kids each piled all their peas onto their tuna salad and it was a competition to see how many "eyes" they could pile on their tuna! I just laughed! I guess whatever it takes to eat!

Before we ended, we also had peas in our "tacos", aka pieces of romaine lettuce, but that wasn't near as fun as "monster eyes!"

And honestly, Megan is usually the one that starts playing with her food and the others follow! Whatever works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment