Monday, September 29, 2014

Sick Kid in the House!

Christian has been sick the last week or so. At first, I thought it was bronchitis because of his history,  but I don't think so anymore  I am actually taking him to the doctor today because I was up half the night with him breathing weird and coughing until he gags. It's not fun!

Anyway, with every sick kid, there are always recommendations of what you can do from other people. One of those most common recommendations is to give your kid Gatorade or pedialyte to help replenish those electrolytes lost.  That is a great recommendation, but have you looked at the ingredients of Gatorade lately?? High fructose corn syrup and artificial food dyes!! Why would I give this to my kid when he is sick when I try to avoid these items when he is healthy?? I just couldn't do it this time.

Today I was scrolling through facebook and saw this post.  This is a lady who won't give her kids all these fake additives either and actually has a recipe for homemade Gatorade.  Guess what? It only has 3 ingredients and they are water, sugar, and salt!!!

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2013/01/31/homemade-pedialyte/

Now, that I will do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment