Saturday, September 13, 2014

3 Reasons why we went to Illinois/ Kentucky

We went on vacation last week for a couple of reasons, but the three main ones were for Megan, Courtney, and Christian. They wanted to see their very good friends that moved away in January! We missed them so much and it was great spending almost two weeks with them!

These pictures were taking right after we saw them for the first time. We were waiting to park the camper because it looked like it was going to storm out, so we went and got ice cream at the local ice cream shop!

Reason number 1:
Ana, Megan, and Kaelynn. Megan and Kaelynn are very close in age and I actually forgot how good these two got along. During our trip, they were together almost the entire time! They played together, wrote a play together, swam, laughed, hiked, explored, slept together, read books, played cards, etc. They just had a great time together!!

 
Reason #2: I can't tell you how excited Courtney was to see Miki!! These two could giggle ALL DAY LONG! Since Miki moved away, I have not heard Courtney giggle much and about a week before we left, Courtney said, "I can't wait to see Miki, I want my giggles back!" And they GIGGLED the entire trip! They were truly inseparable the entire time!
 

Reason #3: Erich and Christian. I thought these two got a long better than they did before they moved away, I think because they are both older now, they loved to play in the dirt, jump, skip, everything that little boys do!


I have so many pictures of these kids throughout the trip. Hopefully I will get around to posting more. In addition to seeing our friends though, we did do many activities, so I have lots of pictures of hiking trails, amazing rock formations, caves, campgrounds, and don't forget we saw the "Creation Museum" while we were in Kentucky. Fun, fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment