Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Logical Monday

After being gone almost all day Sunday and all day Monday, today seems like logical Monday!

My grandfather's visitation and funeral were very nice! Everybody from my side of that family was there and it was nice seeing everybody. I didn't get to talk to some people like I wanted to, but I did get to speak to some.  It was amazing to hear of my grandfather's last days and how he eventually passed away.  I loved hearing all the positive comments about my grandfather. Many, many people had so many nice things to say about him!  He will definitely be missed by many!

But now that everything is over, life needs to get back to normal.  I don't feel we are quite in a groove yet since our trip.  Last week, we had our second class at the homeschool learning center and our first official PE class.  We start D6 at church on Wednesday, so one more thing to add into our schedule. I am also starting my piano students back up today. 

Today though, it was back to the books.  I was up until about 10:30 last night planning school for the week (I don't know why I always wait until the last minute!), so things are ready to go.  I had a few things to figure out for the week for the girls plus figure out what I want to do with Christian. I found a new curriculum online that I think will work out great.  I just found the other book we were using was not as planned out as I wanted it to be and I had to look for a lot of activities myself.  I don't have time to do this every day!  I am going to try this new curriculum this week and see how it goes. I can always go back to the other one if I have to.  I just want to give Christian 20-30 minutes of time during the day.

As for the girls, I always think about whether I should get through stuff just to "get through it" or slow down and take our time. Honestly, I always slow down and take our time! Megan is taking a writing class at the learning center and she wants me to proofread it for her and help her out.  We spent some time this morning doing that, so that pushed off some of her other subjects, such as spelling and history.  Because of this, I am going to push off science, which I had originally planned for today, for another day.  I need to be flexible and know that school usually takes longer than I schedule it to! I also want to get to Christian today and read his new material. I will get everything done, eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment