Thursday, September 18, 2014

Amazing Rock Formations in Illinois!

I am up a little early today, so I thought I would post more pictures from our trip.

On our way home, we stopped at a state park called Ferne Clyffe State Park in southern Illinois.  We just stopped there because it was along the interstate and was convenient for us to stay there the night. We had no idea that the place had AWESOME rock formations and great hiking trails!! I thought I would share some pictures! This is exactly why we go on vacation, so we can see cool stuff like this!!

We hiked for about a half mile up a hiking trail and found this:

A huge rock shelf



Don't you wonder how many Native Americans seeked shelter under this at one time??


A little further down, were even more rock formations.

Do you see the girls and I on that rock? We look so tiny compared to the rocks!

We even let Christian climb on them!

This may be hard to see in the shadows, but Courtney is on the ground between these monstrous rocks!

This huge rock was amazing too, the girls thought it was one big beehive!


Heading back! Matt doesn't like to put Christian on his shoulders because he always holds onto his head.  This is his solution!

I would definitely camp at this campground again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment