Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lack of clothing?

What do you do with a child who every. single. morning says she has nothing to wear?? Seriously, every morning!

And what do I say ever. single. morning? "Yes, you do. Go find something."

I admit that this child does not have a LOT of clothes because she is too skinny and it's hard to find clothes to fit her, but she has clothes to wear!!

I also admit that sometimes I am behind on the laundry, but she usually has SOMETHING in her closet or in her drawers or even in the laundry baskets in my room or on the dryer. She just has to find it.

I am also sorry that sometimes she just doesn't "feel" like wearing certain clothes that she has in her room.

I am also sorry that she has clothes in her room, but she just doesn't like them, but they fit perfectly!

After we argue about it for awhile and she sheds a few tears, I usually walk away and tell her to just go find something again. And you know what? Every single day she does!

I even took her shopping the other day and we bought more clothes for her!! Three bags between Walmart and Target!! And today, she still had NOTHING to wear! That about sent me over the edge....

I think I will say to her tonight, "If you say to me that you have nothing to wear tomorrow, I am going to take ALL your clothes and put them in a trash bag for a day. Then you will really have NOTHING to wear." Would that be too mean or would that teach her a lesson???

AHHHHHHH!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment