Friday, December 6, 2013

My thoughts for today. :)

1.  Days like this, I am really glad I homeschool and don't have to go anywhere. brrr!
2. I am also thankful that Matt doesn't have to go anywhere!
3.  But there are certain times that you just NEED to get out!
4.  It is going to be a long winter if we don't get out!
5.  I need to find some place I can take ALL my children to go run around. I saw that a community center was opening their gym up to homeschoolers on certain afternoons, which is definitely an option.  They were also going to open up their pool on Tuesday afternoons. Both of these options are really cheap, but they are also all the way across town!
6.  All our windows and doors leak plus the fireplace. Matt says we just need new windows and doors. :(  He said he could put plastic over them, but he said he would have to put the plastic over the shades, which means I couldn't open the shades all winter. NO WAY!! I would rather put more warm clothes on than not be able to see outside!
7.  Courtney had to write a short journal entry today for her writing assignment. I asked her to write four sentences and she burst out crying! She didn't want to do it!  After awhile, she came back to it and wrote it and was actually having fun with it!! I read over it and she had everything capitalized and periods at the end of her sentences!! This is something that we have been working on and I was thoroughly impressed! She only had three words wrong (she forgot the last letter) in the entire entry which was five sentences long! She is really putting things together when it comes to writing and reading. Yay for learning!! (She is also reading a lot smoother than she used to!)
8.  Megan also had to write a journal entries for her writing assignments this week, but she already has a journal, so I let that count. :)
9.  I am hoping to get the Christmas tree up this weekend AND get my Christmas cards/ letter out.  This always takes forever...
10.  We have been doing daily Christmas devotions and singing Christmas songs everyday during school. I really think they should know the traditional Christmas songs! They wouldn't be doing that at public school!! (Again, yay for homeschooling!)

1 comment:

  1. So thankful you homeschool too!!! Tell Courtney Grandma Lu is proud of her!!!

    ReplyDelete