Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday!

It is two days post Christmas.  The mess is finally cleaned up from Christmas Eve and the dishes are finally put away!  The kids are loving their new toys!! We are all loving the free time, but honestly, I do miss the schedule! I have no reason to get up in the morning, so I don't. :)  I wait for all three children to get up before I get up!  We usually end up getting breakfast about 9-9:30 and we are usually out of our pajamas by noon. This is also my summer schedule.

Anyway, today I have something planned. We are going to the zoo!! It is supposed to be 50 degrees out today and I want to take advantage of the warm weather while I can.  My other reason for wanting to go is that we have been studying animals from around the world (mostly Africa right now) and I want to go see these animals.  We also saw on the news that Megan's favorite animals at the zoo are turning one this weekend. These are the lion cubs! I can never get her away from that display!! She thinks they are so cute!! And they are.:)

We are going to head out about 12:30 and stay all afternoon. It is also a great chance to go get some exercise.  We might watch an IMAX, I'm not sure.  Honestly, I just want to stay outdoors!

We still have three more Christmas parties in the next week and a half, so we're not quite done with Christmas yet.  I still need to get more presents.  Hopefully we can get all the decorations down and get our house back to normal before we start school on the 6th. 

Since school came up, I got asked today, "Do you ever wish your kids went to public school?" My answer, "NOPE!!" Then I listed off the reasons why I am glad they are at home and that was pretty much the end of the conversation!

Anyway, off to get ready for the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment