Sunday, August 18, 2013

So that is what is wrong!

Courtney was having quite the time last night.

She was outside riding her scooter, she tripped over the sidewalk, and fell on her chest and face on the sidewalk right into a puddle of water.  Poor thing was wet! It was time to take a shower, so lucky for her, she got out of it!

She decided instead to go to bed. She was complaining that an area beside her nose and an area beside her eye hurt. I gave her some ice, but really didn't notice anything, but she kept complaining like it hurt,I didn't think it was a big deal.

I read her some books and tucked her in, but soon after that, she decided she had to go potty. Once she came back to her room, she said, "Mom, it feels like I still have to go, what if I pee in my bed?"  Oh Courtney! I told her that if she needs to go again, then get up and go and if she doesn't make it, there is a water-proof mattress on her bed. (Honestly, I didn't think this was a big deal either.)

Matt read her some more books and eventually she went to sleep.

Fast forward to 6:30 this morning and Courtney arrives in my room! (She is NEVER up at 6:30 am!)  Now she was telling me that whenever she swallowed, "it" doesn't go down.  I had to ask her a few questions to figure out what she was telling me, but in the end, Matt and I thought she just had a slight sore throat.  She then went back to bed.

8:00 am I wake up again and see Matt bringing this very sad and crying Courtney into my room.  I ask her what is wrong and I finally I know what is causing all these ailments. She said, "Mom, I don't want to go to Sunday School by myself!!" sob, sob sob!!!

Ah, the truth has been told!  Now that we homeschool, she does about everything with her sister or her friends. It is very hard for her to go to something by herself and I totally forgot that she had to go today by herself. It is "move-up" Sunday at our church, so everybody moves up a grade level and they will have new classrooms. Once she does something by herself for awhile, she is fine, it's just the initial adjustment. I told her about all her friends that will be there and that didn't seem to help any!

Hopefully there won't be too many tears when she goes to her classroom today!

No comments:

Post a Comment