Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our campground!

I wrote yesterday how our campground is "not like the others." Today as Matt and I were walking around, it was almost comical as we looked at the piles of junk here and there, bad playground equipment, abandoned buses in the neighboring fields, and just odd things. We almost think it is comical! Here are some pictures:

1.  Exhibit A- Mobile home (or whatever it is on left) and our camper on right. The mobile home is on wood blocks, there are wheels underneath it, and it has a nice musty smell. Mmm, I love the smell of BBQ and must!  Matt and I can't quite figure out what is going on there either. There are cars parked on the other side of the house, but we don't know the full story. Honestly, I think the owners of the campground live there. I don't know why they put us next to the lovely blue house!
 

2.  Exhibit B- Piles of junk. As you can see there is a camper to the left in this picture. Now, I don't know if it's a seasonal camper or somebody just spending the night, but if this junk was behind my campsite, I would be a little upset. I think that looks like an old slide perhaps and some other junk? And this is not the only pile of junk we saw!


 
 
3. Exhibit C-  The playground equipment was NOT safe at all! There is Christian up on the bridge with huge gaps where he could fall through, that is not the worst though! You see towards the bottom, there are some yellow metal pieces (another pile of junk) and a metal rod sticking out into the play area! Very dangerous!


 
 
4. Exhibit D- Not only was the playground equipment not safe, but the ground was not either. Matt noticed this one- there is no fall-resistance "stuff" on the ground. Most playgrounds have wood chips, tire chips, etc, something that if a child falls, he won't hit the hard ground. Not here! Here if you fall, you get to land on good old dirt! We played here for about five minutes and we will not go back tomorrow! 

 
 
Ok, so those are my gripes about the campground, but there are some nice things. The trees here are wonderful! There are many of them and there is lots of shade! They are so pretty.
 
I feel very safe here.  There are 100 campsite and 200 cottages at this campground and most of them are full.  This means there are people everywhere.  It is the usual camping crowd, so I don't feel threatened or out of place. 
 
The people who run the front desk are very nice and have helped us with everything we have asked of them.  They worked with us yesterday when our circuits kept blowing and today they mailed some postcards for me.  They were great when I went there to ask for rolls of quarters to do laundry and I see them driving around and they are always friendly. I even saw one picking up trash today!
 
All employees here have shirts that say, "Camp Sandosky, where memories are made!" I am sure making some memories of my own here at this campground! 




No comments:

Post a Comment