Saturday, August 24, 2013

Packing was a chore!!

We finally pulled out last night about 6 pm.  About 4 pm, the neighbors said to us, "Hey, I thought you guys were leaving today." WE ARE!!

It took the ENTIRE day to pack. Have I ever said how much I really don't like packing?? But of course, I was packing for a month and it took a lot of thought and organization of how to put everything we would need for a month from our house into the camper.

This is what I said to the children when they asked me what clothes they should bring along.
"Bring everything you wear on a regular basis. I don't want to hear, I don't have anything to wear on this trip!" I had them grab all their underwear, shorts, capris, dresses, skirts, shirts, and jeans that were in their drawers! I told them, "Even if you don't like to wear it, bring it anyway!"  We will have to do laundry along the way, but I will not know where, so I had them bring enough clothes that they shouldn't run out for awhile.  Of course to do this, I had to get all the clothes clean, which meant that we were doing laundry until about an hour before we pulled out.

I followed the same concept for myself and Christian.  I have no idea what Matt packed. :)

I brought tennis shoes, church shoes, flip-flops, and sandals for everyone.  We have a basket of shoes in our bedroom along with jackets for everyone.

I brought so much food that our pantry is over-flowing onto the benches for the dining room table.  We will eventually eat it all!

After packing all day, we still had to stop at Target (pick up my contacts) and Walmart (good smelling stuff for our camper toilet) last night on our way to Mahoney and we have already starting a "things we forgot" list! I'm not kidding!!  This is kind of the reason we don't mind staying at Mahoney for a couple of days, it's not too far from home and if we forgot something, we can always swing by the house before we head out of town.

We pulled into Mahoney around 7:15 last night and my parents were AWESOME and made supper for us!! We were all starving and exhausted! (We are camping this weekend with my parents and my older brother's family.)


No comments:

Post a Comment