Thursday, August 22, 2013

Everything but the kitchen sink!

I got to thinking, we are going to be gone longer than the usual 3-4 days camping. We're going to be gone maybe 3-4 weeks.  I then thought about all the cheap kitchen utensils I keep in the camper. You know, the Dollar Tree stuff you buy when you first get a camper.  It's just stuff there in case I need it.

Well, I figured if I actually have to be doing some cooking in there, I am not using my cheap kitchen utensils from the Dollar Tree! I moved all of those into the house and replaced them with everything that I use on a daily basis from my kitchen. My good pots and pans are going, pyrex bowls, my good strainers, measuring cups and bowls, and all the utensils (can opener, spatulas, etc.)   Seriously, I think I am taking everything but the kitchen sink!!

On a side note, I already packed a lot of other stuff from my kitchen. I have already been through my pantry and packed everything that I would like to take along.  We have cereal to last us days, my spices for cooking, noodles, canned goods, marshmallows, graham crackers,etc.

I am making spaghetti tonight as our last meal at home and I had to go out to the camper to get my spices! Now I remember why I don't pack until the last minute! I am saving the fridge until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment