Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We did it!

June 10th is a busy day in our house.

It is our anniversary and Christian's birthday.

It really bothers me that we share the day and I struggle all year with how to celebrate both. Why couldn't he have been born the day before or the day after?? (You know when your water breaks at 2:30 am and there is that silly 24 hour rule, there was no way around it at the time!)

I think we celebrated both this year and it worked out great!

We went out for lunch for Christian's birthday and took him shopping for his own presents (terrible, I know!)

Then in the evening, grandma watched our kids while Matt and I went out for dinner and camper shopping.

I felt good at the end of the day. I felt both occasions were celebrated appropriately and I didn't feel like I lost my day to a 3 year old!

Of course, his birthday party is Friday night, so he will get to celebrate some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment