Saturday, June 29, 2013

Kind of irritated right now :(

I have been wearing my glasses for the last month due to having GPC in my right eye. The eye doctor said that this is an immune reaction to my silicone hydrogel contact lenses. She also said that it gets worse during allergy season (I don't have any allergies).  Her recommendation was to wear my glasses until it clears up and then my only option was daily wear lenses at $500 a year.

I went in three times to check on my GPC and this is what she has said every. single. time.

After coming home and talking to matt about it, it seemed my only option was to get a nice pair of glasses and just be done with contacts. Even with insurance and a mail in rebate, it was still going to be around $350 a year for contacts. A dollar a day to throw them away!

Because of this, I made an appointment to get an eye exam today to get a new prescription so I could get that new pair of glasses.  She went on again how my GPC is from my contacts and daily contacts would be my best bet, but then out of the blue she said, "Well, there these other monthly contacts that would work too. They are made out of a different kind of material that they used to use in the past, they wouldn't bother your eyes. We can go ahead and order you a trial pair and see if you like them. How does that sound?" Seriously?? I am shocked!  Why did it take her on the 4th visit to finally tell me this???

I asked her how much they would cost, "They would be quite a bit cheaper than daily contacts, probably even cheaper than the ones you are in now."  Why didn't she ever say this before??

I said to order a trial pair and I will try them. I would love to get back into contacts!

So now I am going to wait on getting that new pair of glasses!! My prescription didn't change at all and if I can get back into  contacts, I definitely will.  The guy there was trying to sell me a clearance pair of glasses and then a pair of prescription sunglasses. Now why would I need these if I get back into contacts?

Talk about frustrating!!

(I seriously think these doctors are supposed to try get you to buy daily wear contacts (most expensive), the most expensive solutions and the most expensive eye drops!! I'm not falling for your tricks!! I am too cheap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment