Friday, June 21, 2013

Eye Doctor Visit

Yesterday I took us three girls to the eye doctor.

Megan and Courtney had a full eye exam and I got a recheck on my GPC.

Megan- She is starting to get near-sighted and astigmatism in her left eye, but it's not bad enough to warrant glasses. The doctor said that probably by this time next year, she will need them.  I thought this was pretty funny because I am near-sighted and have astigmatism in my left eye! I told the doctor this and she said that kids usually take after their parents with their vision.

Courtney- No problems at all. She can see 20/15.

Myself- My GPC is all gone from under my eyelids, so I got the ok to go back to contacts, but not my monthly ones, only daily wears that cost $500 a year!!! She gave me a week's worth of samples, but I need to wear them only a little bit each day. I also need to keep putting allergy drops in my eyes twice a day to prevent them from coming back.

She also said that she usually sees GPC in the fall and spring when allergies are so high, so she assumed I had a lot of environmental allergies. I said I didn't at all, only food sensitivities.  She had this odd look on her face, I wonder if my food sensitivities caused this all? I know it's a stretch. She said the GPC (reactive bumps under my eye lids) is usually caused by rubbing against my contact lenses and that seasonal allergies make it worse, so this is why she doesn't want me wearing my monthly contacts anymore. She said I could probably get by with them though in the winter months.  Interesting, huh? I might just purchase a nice pair of glasses and be done with contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment