Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Good-bye ants!!!

This morning, Courtney noticed a few ants crawling along a wall in the kitchen. She followed them with her eyes and saw that they were all coming from a pile of food in the corner. I looked at her and said, "Courtney, have you been feeding the ants again?" She said no.

So of course, Courtney loves this! She is super-excited that there are ants in our house and right away she says, "Mom, can I go get some houses for them?" (You know those "houses" that are really poisonous, but you can't tell your ant-lover daughter that!) I said, "Sure you can," so she runs to where they are stored and gets about 10 of them. She proudly puts them down on the floor and is so proud of her ants and their new houses.

Then she notices a dead ant in one of them and her tone changes.  She looked at me and said, "Mom, there is a dead ant in one of them..have you been lying to me?" with a very serious look.

I didn't know what to say.  I came up with, "Well, I haven't exactly lied to you, just haven't told you the whole truth." She was heart-broken. She picked those houses up super-fast and tried to save all the ants that were crawling on them! She was pleading with them to get out of the houses!

About 15 minutes later, Matt came up and I showed him the corner and all the ants.  He didn't feel too sorry for them because he went and got bug spray and sprayed them all. Courtney went running upstairs in tears!!! Now we have a bunch of dead ants on our floor- time to clean them up and all the food that goes with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment