Saturday, June 15, 2013

Birthday party was a success and good-bye to the camper.

We celebrated Christian's 3rd birthday party last night with all his friends and family!
I felt bad putting it on a Friday night, but I really didn't have an option this year, but despite that, we still had a great turnout! Many people left when it started to storm, so I hope everyone got home safe.

 Christian was super-excited all day for his party and that was all he talked about! He loves all his new presents and he super-loved his cake. I will definitely post pictures.

In the middle of trying to host a party for 40 people, Matt was working on getting not only our camper sold, but also an extra jetski trailer we have here.  Every time I turned around, he was texting the two perspective owners back and forth. Poor guy! I know he just wants these two things sold and it is going to happen today.  Matt will be delivering the jetski trailer and the camper to their respective new owners this morning!

I am sure going to miss our old camper, we had a lot of fun in there! I still remembering buying it when Courtney was about 11 months old. I remember her "scooting" around on the floor and into the bunks.  We made a trip to St. Lous, two trips to Memphis, TN, a trip to Colorado, one trip around Iowa (Des Moines, Fort Dodge, Okoboji), and a trip last week to Des Moines.  We made many trips to Fremont along with camping at Branched Oak and Mahoney. We got plenty of use out of it!!! (And between insurance money and the sale of it today, we are going to get back exactly what we paid for it 6 years ago! What a deal!)

The camper has been such a good investment in family time. I don't think we would be doing all these trips and spending so much time for a family if we didn't have it.  We both value family time and it has been great for that! When we went to go look at new ones, he says he doesn't mind spending a little bit more because it has been such a great investment for our family! I love the way he thinks!!!

I think we are going to be picking up our new camper Wednesday. We emptied out our old one out this morning and just put everything in the garage, this way we can load the new one up Thursday and go camping on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment