Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Food!

We are gradually getting back on our restricted foods lately.

We had Christian allergy tested and he is not allergic to anything he has been off of for the last year. I think he was allergic to all these at one point and since he was off them so long, he healed and now he is allergic to other things. Anyway, I have slowly been giving him his restricted foods and he is doing well.

Courtney is doing a lot better too. She is back on wheat, yeast, milk, soy, egg, and a couple of others. I have not let her have peanut butter yet, that was her highest number!  I am also very aware of what she is eating everyday.

As for myself, my doctor recommended that I start going back on my foods too and I have been trying to get my restricted foods back into my diet. I have not had much problem either.

With all this said, it has been very easy to get back to our old habits. One such habit is eating something made of wheat at every meal. Between cereal, bread, buns, crackers, etc., it seems that we can eat wheat non-stop. I have been very vigilant about the wheat and have been restricting my children and myself to one wheat product a day.

Milk has not been an issue because we rarely eat anything made out of milk and Courtney actually likes the rice milk better on her cereal! I would really like to get cheese back in, but I really don't want to buy the processed cheese again. I need some tips on what to buy.

Even though we are back on wheat and it is very tempting to make baked goods out of wheat flour, I am going to continue to use oatmeal and my other gluten free flours. Right now, I am making banana muffins out of gluten free flour and I even used flax seed instead of eggs. My children could've ate the entire bowl of batter if I would have let them!! Even Megan!

Through all of this, I have learned that we cannot get "stuck in a rut" when it comes to food. It is very important to rotate food and not eat the same things day after day.  We are all finally feeling good again, I don't want to mess this up!



No comments:

Post a Comment