Saturday, March 23, 2013

What did you eat??

I must've ate something I shouldn't have yesterday.

About an hour after lunch, I started to get really sleepy and my brain was in a fog. Literally. I could barely function.  Matt was asking me questions and I couldn't give him a straight answer.
Wierd. But this used to happy ALL THE TIME before I went off all my foods.

Of course, Megan says, "What did you eat mom?" Smarty pants. :)

And then I got to thinking.  I took two allergy tests in July. One was an IGE and one was an IGG.  My doctor told me to concentrate on the foods that were shown to be intolerant on the IGG test, so I have. This has included chicken, garlic, milk, soy, peanuts, yeast, almonds, blueberries, black pepper. A lot of these same foods were on the IGE test, but pork and peaches were also listed. Guess what I ate yesterday for lunch AND the night before for supper? Pork. I usually seem to be fine with it, but I think I may have overdone it. Usually, the more of the intolerant food equals a bigger reaction.

I also had some chocolate chips right after lunch. :)  These are chocolate chips that are made from real chocolate and cocoa, not milk, and I double checked and I do not have a sensitivity to cocoa.

So honestly, I think it was too much pork that caused my brain to go haywire. The sugar in the chocolate chips probably made my low blood sugar plummet even more and that's why it got so bad.

The bad thing about it is that if I could've went and took a nap for about 30 minutes, I would've snapped out of it, but we were leaving to go to Nebraska Furniture Mart to pick out a fridge and a dishwasher for out basement. This is not a good thing to do when you can barely keep your eyes open and are very weak!  Even today, I am a little shaky yet.  No wonder I had so much trouble with anxiety for such a long time! Imagine this compounding day after day!

On a side note- I can usually tell if I eat something I should not have because I will fall asleep within an hour. It will make my blood sugar crash!!  It has been so nice being able to stay awake ALL DAY the last six months and function like I should.  I can't tell you how thankful I am for my doctor!!!

Now to take these things out of my diet and keep them out for awhile! It's SOOOOO hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment