Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Any Friends?

I was at AWANA tonight working with the two students that showed up that were in my group. We were done with verses and these two girls were discussing spring break, which starts tomorrow and goes until Wednesday for Millard Schools.  These girls know I homeschool and they asked me when our spring break was going to be. I didn't quite know how to answer- I told them that I hadn't really planned a spring break because if I did, we would have to go to school past Memorial Day, but it would be also nice to take some time off.  I'm kind of still debating about it.

After this conversation, I started getting more questions about homeschooling.
- Do your kids have their own desks?
- How long do your kids go to school every day?
- How long do your kids get for recess? ( I let them have about 1 1/2 hours off at lunch time, this includes lunch and recess and the hour recess is mostly for me.) My students' jaws dropped, "We only get 20 minutes for recess!" Yes, I know!
- Are your kids learning as much as we are?

And then my favorite of all time- "DO YOUR KIDS HAVE ANY FRIENDS???"
I just wanted to roll my eyes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment