Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Proud of the Girls!

Each girl did something this week that they worked extra hard on and made Matt and I proud!

1.  Megan had gotten a paint-by-number a couple of weeks ago and it was HARD! It was a picture of a horse and a foal and there were little spaces to paint and big spaces and you had to combine paints and everything! She finished it this week and it looks great! I think she spent 5-6 hours on it.  I gave her some time during school to finish it because I wanted her to perservere and she did! I knew if I didn't give her time, it would never get done.  Even the last day she worked on it, she said, "Mom, I'm just going to stop here and finish it tomorrow." I encouraged her to finish it and she did!

2.  Courtney memorized Psalm 23:1-6.  This is a lot for a kindergartener, but after quite a lot of time dedicated to these verses, she got it!! (And I have it completely memorized too!)

This section is part of her first grade Sparky book for AWANA.  Another challenge she has coming up is to memorize all the books of the Old Testament.  I think this is funny because she only has trouble with the last 10 or so. She has heard Megan say them so many times that she already has the entire song memorized! I haven't worked with her once on her Old Testament books.

We are going to perservere and try to finish her first grade Sparky book in the next six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment