Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breath of Fresh Air!

I thought it was supposed to be 41 degrees today, but when the UPS man brought a package for Matt and I had to step outside to get it, I realized it was way warmer than 41!

Within a half an hour, everybody had shoes, socks, and jackets on and we were all outside!!

Bikes, trikes, chalk, basketball, soccer balls, bubbles- they all came out! My girls (and boy) drew over the entire driveway. I have mom, dad, Christian, Megan, Courtney, aliens, sentences, race tracks, etc.  I have a dad who stretches from the street all the way to the house and he has over 100 arms (I made Courtney count by two as she was putting them on him!).

Last fall when we were writing on the sidewalk, Courtney was just learning how to read and write. Today, she was out writing sentences like it was no big deal. It shows me that she really HAS learned something over the school year!

Because we were playing outside, we didn't get out read-aloud for school done.

Was it worth it? Totally!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment