Saturday, September 8, 2012

This weekend agenda...clean!

The one thing I like about homeschooling is that I don't have the time to do a lot of housework.  I mean, who likes doing housework anyway, right? But the problem is that the messes keep getting bigger and bigger throughout the week and by Friday, everything is a total disaster that you don't even want to clean it!

Here's what we are doing this weekend:

1. Cleaning out the camper from last weekend. Yep, still haven't done that yet. And I think we are planning on going camping in two weeks, so we should really get that done.

2. Cleaning the kitchen. Yikes! Haven't done dishes in a couple of days and my poor kitchen island. I think things are piled about a foot tall in some places.

3. The playroom is a lost cause. :(  You can't see the floor AT ALL and now toys are starting to come out the door. Actually the playroom is a lot of my mess. Whenever we clean the downstairs, I take a laundry basket and I put everything that goes upstairs in it and then I take it upstairs. If I need the basket, I gently dump everything out on the playroom floor. I think I did this 3-4 times last week with the girls' stuff because I needed the baskets to go camping. I will help with that mess, but some of it is definitely the girls' mess!

4. The girls' bedroom.  Megan does not make a mess in there and Courtney has definitely let it get out of control. We didn't keep track of chores this week, so we didn't make her clean it every night like we should have.  Since the playroom is out of commission, the girls had went into there anyway, got their polly pockets, and took them into their bedroom to play with them. Guess what is all over the floor? Polly pockets!  Not to mention the usual books, clean and dirty clothes, and paper and pencils. When I put Courtney to bed last night, I realized that it is time to clean out her bed again. Clean and dirty clothes, hair clips, stuffed animals, books, I am going to be amazed yet again as to what I find in her bed!

5. The girls' bathroom. Not as bad as the playroom and bedroom, but definitely needs a good cleaning! The trash is overflowing.

6. Laundry. Wait, there is no dirty laundry in my laundry room. How did that happen? Oh, have I not picked up all the dirty laundry from around the house in the last couple of days? nope, I haven't. Maybe I should put away the two baskets of clean and folded laundry before I wash some more!

7. Not to mention taking care of two sick kids. Megan had a 102 fever on Wednesday night and is all better now, but Christian had a fever last night.  Courtney was complaining of a headache yesterday plus she feels she has something stuck in her throat.  I'm not quite sure what is going on there. I think she's making herself sick because we have talked about how we are going to clean all week! (I'm just kidding, I think she really doesn't feel good!)


No comments:

Post a Comment