Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Break from school...

Ok, today we need to take a little break from school, at least for the morning.
We are going camping this weekend and I saw that the high is going to be 61 on Saturday. That's a little chilly!

Megan has no jeans, no jacket, only a couple long sleeve shirts, and no shoes besides sandals. She does have warm pajamas.

Courtney has jeans, a jacket, lots of long sleeve shirts and a couple pairs of jeans, and no shoes besides sandals.  She is now into the clothes that Megan wore when she was in kindergarten, so some of her jeans have holes in the knees (perfect camping jeans, I think!) and I think I threw away Megan's old tennis shoes because they were so worn.  I think Courtney will be getting some more clothes than usual this year.

Christian needs pants, including sweat pants and sweat shirts, but he has plenty of long sleeve shirts I found on clearance last year along with footy pajamas.  I think he has a pair of tennis shoes along with a jacket. He might be the easiest one!

We are going shopping this morning.  We have our class at the homeschool learning center at 11, so that works out great. If we need even more time, we might go out for lunch and then continue shopping afterwards.  I have also reserved a bunch of books at the library, so I would like to stop and pick those up too. Megan is determined to read every book in the Boxcar Series.  There are over 100 books and she has read quite a few of them.  I reserved ten more for her the other day from our library. She will be through those by next week.

We will get to school this afternoon.  We also have AWANA tonight, so that will certainly make for a short school day.

As for our earthquakes yesterday, they were a big hit! We used cardboard, blankets, and Christian's blocks to build everything.  You know the girls are having fun when they say, "Just one more time, mom!"   I hate to put the fun to an end, but we really needed to get on with school! It was funny because later they had turned our cardboard "tectonic plates" into skates and they were skating around the house on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment