Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First tooth lost and lost again.

Courtney lost her first tooth yesterday. It's been loose for awhile and during lunch yesterday, it finally came out. She's lucky she didn't swallow it.  I got a little plastic bag and put her tooth in there for safe keeping.  I put it on the edge of the counter where I thought it would be safe.

Apparently my plan backfired.  I cleaned up the kitchen later, did the dishes, and threw all the trash away.

About supper time last night, Courtney says, "Mom, where is my tooth?"  I looked at the spot on the counter and it wasn't there! Oh no, I thought, I must have threw it away when I was cleaning up! So I went out to the garage and went through the last three bags of garbage- yes, gross and yet I did not come up with anything.
She was pretty sad and I felt pretty bad.  She also said she was playing with the sack, so maybe it is around here somewhere.

So last night, Courtney and Matt wrote a note to the tooth fairy explaining what had happened. The tooth fairy "forgot" to come last night and this morning, Courtney is convinced that the tooth fairy couldn't understand her note because dad wrote it and his handwriting was bad (As she is sitting here criticizing his handwriting- can you tell what we have been working on??)

So maybe we should type the letter so the tooth fairy can read it tonight or one written by me (this was Courtney's suggestion).  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment