Sunday, December 26, 2010

Random Thoughts About Christmas this Year

1. Once Matt was able to help me out a little, I was able to get many, many more things done.
Example- Matt came along Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve and took 2/3 of the kids to do something else, wow, I got a lot accomplished!

2. While we were out doing our last minute shopping on Christmas Eve, we had lunch at the mall as a family. I think the last time we had lunch there as a family was the day we had Christian (we had stopped to walk around to try to go into labor, which we all know, didn't work!).

3. I really enjoy staying home on Christmas Eve. With all the hustle and bustle, I am glad Matt and I have carved out one evening to spend with our family.

4. I am also glad we finally, after 10 years, decided on a meal to make on Christmas Eve. Every year, we end up going out to eat because we cannot decide on what to make. Matt ALWAYS wants to get a lobster, but I REFUSE to listen to it scream in my kitchen!! I really wanted to eat at home this year because we have a nice dining room!
I knew Matt loved hamballs, so I offered them up as a replacement for lobster and it worked out great! I never made them before, but they were awesome! Now Matt wants me to make them at least once a month, we'll see. :)

5. We had one of Megan's friends and her mom and sister come over Thursday for a short playdate. They brought us over M&M cookies that were sooo good. There were about 8 left in the container and I went upstairs to put Christian to bed and when I came back downstairs, the container was open and they were gone! DELL!!!!!!!!!!! She ate all my cookies!!!! Those were mine! She looked pretty pitiful as she laid on the floor...I just wanted to say, "Now your're going to get sick, aren't you?? You dumb dog!" I was kind of mad at her, so to make up for those cookies, we had monster cookie ice cream for dessert on Christmas Eve!!

6. Speaking of Christmas Eve, I really need to wrap presents sooner. While our food was cooking, I had Matt keep an eye on all the kids and I locked myself in my bedroom to finish wrapping presents! I should've had this done days ago, but it's hard to hide out when there are 3 kids to keep track of! Afer they were wrapped, I snuck them downstairs and put them under the tree. I think we opened them an hour later.

7. It was fun watching our kids open the presents! Christian just wanted to eat the wrapping, Megan was thrilled that we are going to let her get her ears pierced, and Courtney loves her Bug sticker book! It was really hard shopping with Courtney and Christian along, so I think Courtney had seen everything I had gotten her, but she didn't seem to remember.

8. While we were in the Dollar Tree one day getting stocking stuffers, Courtney had seen this long, fake hair. We had some of this before but it got really tangly and gross, so I threw it out. But on this day, Courtney would not give up on this fake hair, she wanted it! I asked her why and she said, "Because Grace has some!" So I put it in the cart and it ended up in her stocking! She looked like a rock star when she had it on yesterday! And of course, she had a huge smile on her face!

9. This year, I have been terrible with presents. I forgot to wrap one of Matt's presents, I forgot to put one of Christian's under the tree, now I have lost one for my mom. Hopefully I can find it within the next hour or two. :)

10. I have also enjoyed trying new recipes this season. I am tired of making my same old fruit salad for every get-together, so I branched out this year. I really do enjoy making new things, but never seem to get time to experiment. These were out of our "5 Ingredients" cookbook, so they only took 5 ingredients! Easy!

Anyway, off to another party today and another one next week and then we are done! The house will get back into order someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment