Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Morning started at 3:20 am

We had a little visitor at 3:20 am this morning, Courtney had not been feeling well all evening while I was gone at mom's night out and she had a little accident in her underwear at this time. I got up, dealt with her, and tried to get her calmed down because she was quite upset about it all.

Matt got up too to help me, but by 3:45, Christian was crying too! Matt got Courtney back to bed and I rocked Christian for awhile. I put him down, but he started to cry again, so I decided to feed him. Why not? He's a little low on weight right now, so extra calories won't hurt. Plus it might send him back to sleep. :)

So I fed him, this took until 4:25. I laid him back down and he's out, so I sneak back to bed. By 5 am, he is back awake. What?? I go and put his pacifier back in his mouth, pat him, and he goes back to sleep. 10 minutes later, awake again. This is not the plan! So by 5:15, I just go and get him! I bring him into bed with me and he goes to sleep. It's been almost 2 hours now that I have been awake. Matt gets up at 5:30 to take a shower and puts him back to bed. Super! I fall back asleep and all is well!

6:00 I hear Christian AGAIN! AHHH. This time I let him cry it out awhile, I had already tried everything with him and I had just gotten back to sleep. So about 6:15, he's not going back to sleep (which I figured), so I drug myself out of bed and went and got get him, again. I brought him back into bed with me and he's kind of half awake/ half asleep. Matt comes out of the bathroom and entertains him a little bit and he stops crying, but as soon as Matt leaves, he's back to his "I'm so tired" cry. About 6:30, he falls asleep on my chest. Great! Now, do I move him back to his bed or do I just leave him?

I decided to leave him and catch some more sleep myself. At 7:15, my alarm goes off and at 7:25 Megan's alarm goes off. Now I have to get up, but it was so hard! I left Christian on my bed and surrounded him with pillows since he can roll now.

I got Megan up and off to school and then I stood there at 8:30 with two of my kids still sleeping! Needless to say, Christian woke up about 9 and I got Courtney up at 10. I think they were both a little sick, but they're feeling fine now!

Hopefully we can get out and do something this afternoon, we had playgroup this morning, but I cancelled. Maybe we can go finish some Christmas shopping OR put away the four baskets of laundry on my bedroom floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment