Sunday, December 5, 2010

Friday night and Destructo Christian

For about a month now, we have been telling Megan that we would take her to "The Nutcracker Ballet" at the Orpheum Theatre. The cheapest tickets, with our Rose Theatre discount, were $22. Grandma gave her money for her birthday, so she was going to use that on her ticket. Matt and I decided that all of us could go. I wanted to see the play, Courtney might like it, and sure, why not take Christian? It didn't start until 8, so I figured I could feed him and he could sleep through the ballet.


Well, plans changed. Don't they always. I called to the ticket place Thursday to see if we could get tickets for us. Sure, they said, but you will need a ticket for EVERYBODY. I said, "What, even my six month old needs a $22 ticket??" They said, "Everybody needs a ticket in their hand to walk through the door." Yikes! No way am I doing that! So, I decided to stay home with the younger two and Matt took Megan.

So, off they went for a great time at the ballet.

While they were gone, Courtney and I made a pizza, ate in the living room, and watched "Fairytopia." I sat on the floor most of the movie with Christian. I found out during this time that he is not our "sweet, lay on the floor and play with his toys" anymore, we are beyond that, he is turning into destructo Christian. I think the boy is starting to come out in him because this is what he was doing for most of the night.

This is a toy that you are supposed to lay under and play with the monkeys/ birds that hang down, but no, I think Christian is over that. He has decided that the rest of it is something to play with, well, not just play, eat! Right before I took this picture, he had the orange part in his mouth. About two minutes after I took the picture, he had fallen over backwards and took the toy with him! So there he is on his back with the toy on it's side and he's still trying to go after it!

I just love the look in his eye, "I'm going to get the best of this toy!" Like I said, he's not even interested in the monkeys anymore, he wants to destroy it! And he thinks he's funny!


Courtney on the couch watching her movie:

Soon the movie got over and I got these two to bed. I love these two kids, but I had spent the entire day with them!

Matt and Megan pulled in about 10:15 and Megan was obviously tired! She said she really enjoyed the ballet, but said her ticket was only $10. What?? I purposely called and asked about tickets and pricing! Matt said when they went to go buy the tickets at the Orpheum, they asked if Megan was a student and she said yes. Student prices were only $10! UGH! Matt still had to pay $22, but Megan's was half the price we expected. If I had known that, maybe we could've gone....do you think they have a discount for babies too??
<>

1 comment:

  1. Im glad they had a good time,,, good thing you had 3 brothers to undestand the distruction! right!!

    ReplyDelete