Monday, October 2, 2017

Finally got the computer!

Our computer is quite popular these days. I have not had a chance to blog because my children are always on the computer. Megan has been on it quite a bit. She has either been working on a 20 page shutterfly photo book of our trip or she is doing schoolwork or even playing Minecraft. Courtney is either editing videos, watching her previous YouTube videos, or playing Minecraft. She also does the occasional school work here and there! It's hard to claim it to myself! I also don't have little children watching over my shoulder at 10 pm!

Last week was kind of crazy! My last post was about how I didn't want anything crazy done for my 40th birthday. Well, against my wishes, my family put together a surprise birthday party, and I had no idea! They conned my mom into taking me out for the afternoon while they decorated and had all the guests come over. When I arrived home, they all jumped out of their hiding spots and scared me to death! I screamed pretty hard (and we have four different angles of video, thanks to Matt!) I was impressed that Matt pulled it off!!! I think Courtney had a lot to do with it too! It was great!

The next day Matt had surgery for his hernia. This went well, and he is on the road to recovery. No more stepping crooked out of trucks that are high off of the ground. This is how he got it. :(

Everybody has been laying low and watching a lot of movies since surgery. Matt stayed home from church and a birthday party yesterday to continue to recover. He was up and around more today; it was nice to see him moving around and interacting more with the kids. I think his goal is to get back to work on Thursday.  He is still taking his medicine every four hours, so he really shouldn't drive, so hopefully he will be off that by then.  Now that our deductible is blown, what else can we get done this year??

Even though Matt is home, we were back at school today. I have been checking papers in the evening, and it has helped a TON! (Even though I didn't get to them tonight.)  It has also helped that Micah can completely occupy himself! He only really complains when he is hungry. He usually needs a snack around 10-11 am, and then he is good to go again until lunch. After lunch, he continues to play until snack time around 3.  He doesn't seem to get tired after lunch, so I don't put him down for a nap. Usually about 4-5 pm, he is starting to break down.  Usually I am done with school by then and I can either rock him, or if we go somewhere during the day, he falls asleep in the car. He just needs a short nap sometime during the day.  Sometimes he has even skipped a nap and then he is in bed by 8 pm.  If we get a nap, we are usually up until at least 9-9:30 pm. This kid has no schedule whatsoever!! It kind of helps though; I have the freedom to go places anytime of the day.

Tomorrow I am going to start sometime new for school. Along with grading papers in the evening, I have also been giving the kids grades. Starting tomorrow, I am going to start to record them and give them a grade for the quarter. Matt says our middle two need a little motivation, and his plan is to give them money for their grades.  I am hoping this will help too!

Off to pre-read some history for tomorrow- gotta love studying the Romans!!



No comments:

Post a Comment