Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Allergy Diagnosis?

I called a nurse at Micah's allergist last week about his face turning red after he eats green apples and brown pears.  After consulting with his doctor, she called me back yesterday and told me it is post peri-oral dermatitis. Pretty much his face will turn red when he eats those foods. She said to not stop giving him those fruit and he will eventually "grow out of it." I told her he just started this two weeks ago! She told me to look it up, and then I will know more about it and can compare pictures.

Well, I looked it up, but it is not what Micah's face looks like!!! The pictures show welts and bumps. Micah's face is smooth. HMMMMM.

Yesterday at lunch, I ran a test on him. I gave him little pieces of green apple (raw, not cooked) to see what he would do. His chin turned a little red, he rubbed his eyes, he got super cranky, and he had two hives on his arm. His bumps on his arm also flared up.  And I am supposed to continue to give him these foods??

Luckily I have an appointment with his allergist made for the 17th, and I am going to discuss things with him. I have pictures of his face and the hives yesterday. 

I would really like to go to a natural doctor with him. He has some additional symptoms going on that I would like to get to the bottom of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment